RE: Whit am a doin wrong

#51 by Moonshine runner , Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Was them stretchy ones. Stumped how do a bleed booster your bit about the 4x4 light is cool too I will be following them destructions asap.

Moonshine runner
Date registered 09.07.2015

#52 by 123hotchef , Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:36 pm

really send them back mate they have a year or 2 warenty

u need an assitant to bleed booster have to crack the 2 pipes off the bottom get fingers over the holes and get someone to push the brakes down as u release finger the stick fingers back over holes b4 releasing brake pedal same as bleeding the brakes really

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#53 by Moonshine runner , Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:47 pm

I am confused that is easy done the booster is that the same asthe master cylinder cause a bled it onthe bench and at the pipes

Moonshine runner

#54 by 123hotchef , Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:48 pm

yeh the big black thin that sits under the resovire/filling hole

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#55 by 123hotchef , Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:49 pm

hey u need to run through the brake trouble shooting check list from mitsi

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#56 by Moonshine runner , Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:02 pm

I am drawin air from somewhere but not loosin fluids cause a get pressure when pumpin as a said next chapter on friday and yes I will try get dosh back for one cv if all goes well friday should see all obvious jobs done and then I have to figure out the noise and 4x4 light. Which i believe are connected when I brake and come out of gear any gear I feel an extra click and the noise stops then doesnt start till third or fourth gear and if I drive a hondred yards in 4x4 then back to normal the noise stays away all day long really

Moonshine runner

#57 by Zoidburg , Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:02 pm

What were the brakes like before you started work on them?

Have they improved, worsened or stayed the same?

2005 Animal - Moonshine Black with Mitsi hard top, rebuilt engine, EGR & CAT removed.

Most problems can be repaired but will the end result be worth the effort and expense?

Zoidburg
Date registered 09.11.2015

#58 by 123hotchef , Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:04 pm

can ya clamp 1 flexi hose off at a time and pin point the offernder?

this may be of intrest to u pal

http://www.silent-cities.com/L200forum/L...RAKE_SYSTEM.pdf

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#59 by Moonshine runner , Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:17 pm

They were okay when I drove it home but went soft the day after and have just been soft ever since jack is my everyday pram so it gets a bit difficult if I dont finish a job at the yard It sounds like they are talkin my problem on that other thread too.

Moonshine runner

#60 by Moonshine runner , Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Has anybody else signed up for the Scottish hill climb rally in Dalry I have as a marshal I figured it will get me and Jack near the MUD

Moonshine runner

#61 by Moonshine runner , Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks folks I am goin to sign off for tonight I have been leavin maself signed in by mistake so I will make sure tonight.

Moonshine runner

#62 by 123hotchef , Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:40 pm

laters pal

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#63 by Moonshine runner , Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Right thats it a give up a used to be good at brakes BUT I AM BUGGERED IF A KNOW WHAT I AM DOIN WRONG A put a repair kit on the calipers and bled and bled and bled and bled and bled then a fink a bled somemore again and for good measure a bled some more a got plenty pressure onthe peddle then went for a drive and BYEEEEEEEEEEEES WENT THE PRESSURE. Ma anchors. Are there but right down at the bottom of the peddle. No leaks that a can see and I am going to make up a fik soappy sollution and paint round every join and crack that is anyfing to dowif anchors........ I am makin a right donkey of myself when a read about these other guys doin there engines and real stuff and a canny even get ma buggerin anchors to go let alone anyfin else that might be wrong wif ma 24 year old TUB of Sh one T. Its gonna be offy good if a do ever get anchors

Moonshine runner

#64 by 123hotchef , Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:30 am

U sure ur bleeding them right

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#65 by Zoidburg , Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:32 am

Would you mind running through exactly what happened again in detail so we can try to help you work this out.

I'm not convinced this is the a hydraulic circuit problem, there are other things than air in the system that can make the pedal feel poor.

2005 Animal - Moonshine Black with Mitsi hard top, rebuilt engine, EGR & CAT removed.

Most problems can be repaired but will the end result be worth the effort and expense?

Zoidburg

#66 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Zoiburg when a drove Jack home from Chester the brakes seemed fine but the next day they were soft. Pumped and they were hard. Took.wheels off checked for leeks noticed that right front dust cover was not on round rim of pot and also pot not so hot. Bled them and ordered repair kit. Took pots not all the way out cleaned them up made sure they are movin good and. bled somemore. Got repair kit installed and bled loads more. I get good pressure and not losin fluid but just cant keep the pressure. All four wheels will lock up if a pump or just go to the bottom of the pedal.

Moonshine runner

#67 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 pm

I find it really weerd that my anchors were there the first day because the difference is from having anchors to not havin from one day to the next.

Moonshine runner

#68 by Major Malfunction , Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Sounds to me like your brake servo is causing the prob,it's sticking or loosing pressure.

Area Rep for Midlands

04 Warrior blacK,EGR blanked & removed,,De cat,Extended shackles,Pro shocks,
Ironman torsion bars,Ironman shockers,Wind deflectors,New fuel tank,New sump
Wheel spacers,Snorkel,Side marker lights,K&N air filter.

Major Malfunction
Date registered 07.12.2014

#69 by Zoidburg , Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Just to confirm;

The pedal went soft before you did anything to it then you found the caliper leaking and repaired it but you have never got the pedal back.

Was the fluid reservoir empty when you found the leak?

When you pump up the pedal does it creep down again if you leave pressure on it?

Zoidburg

#70 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:19 pm

No never had a leak no wetness nowhere just went soft the day after it arrived. Yes a do loose them after buildin the pressure they just go to the floor. Is there a test for the servo, pennies gettin scarce for now could do wifout havin to buy one of them just now. I fink £100+ was the quote but not sure on that cause I av asked so many prices for various bits. But if it has to be it has to be.

Moonshine runner

#71 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:21 pm

A never have been good at diagnosin, but usually manage the fixin after the doc has looked.

Moonshine runner

#72 by George , Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Only check i know for servo is put your foot on brake pedal push down and hold start engine up if pedal goes down a bit the servo is working hope that is of some help to you fingers crossed

2000 4/Life Blue/Silver 102000 miles
Fitted Bonnet Struts
New Clutch Fitted
At the moment now got a Saab not no more
And now I have got a Warrior

George  
George
Date registered 10.29.2011

#73 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm

When a do that pedal goes down which says its good, its the only bit left though and Ill need to get anchors. Iam caught her indoors has relised that fings aint all. as honkey dory wif ma new purchase as I let her fink.

Moonshine runner

#74 by Zoidburg , Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:11 pm

If you are getting pedal creep like that and there are definitely no leaks then it must be a master cylinder problem, are you certain the fluid level is not dropping because you could have leaks at the rear brake cylinders.

Servo problems usually cause a hard pedal because you are getting no assistance. The test you have done proves this as the movement in the pedal when you start the engine is the servo making it easier to press apply pressure.

Zoidburg

#75 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:19 pm

A put a new master on too also even forgot to say that bled it on the bench then bled the system I had bought a 5litre fluid I reckon I am more than half way through it. Thats how many times I have bled the whole system. Cash made me choose servo or master chose master..

Moonshine runner

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
real-world mpg differnces with a/c on or off

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor