RE: Whit am a doin wrong

#76 by Zoidburg , Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Did the pedal feel any better after the master was fitted?

2005 Animal - Moonshine Black with Mitsi hard top, rebuilt engine, EGR & CAT removed.

Most problems can be repaired but will the end result be worth the effort and expense?

Zoidburg
Date registered 09.11.2015

#77 by Major Malfunction , Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I had a similar problem on a mini I had to pump the pedal 3/4 times quickly to do an emergency stop.i changed the servo and all was well. As for the price of a new servo I wouldn't like to guess $$$$$$$$, ask @krutly he has a place near him who break L200 and he can prob guide you to the correct one for your model of L200 it's worth a punt and would be one less item off the list of possibilities, I would go down that route first as it's probably the cheaper option before taking it to be professionally investigated. Don't loose heart this is the frustration of owning an L200 they are an ass of a truck but when working are pretty good fun and with the looks your truck has will make you feel like you are THE MAN.

Area Rep for Midlands

04 Warrior blacK,EGR blanked & removed,,De cat,Extended shackles,Pro shocks,
Ironman torsion bars,Ironman shockers,Wind deflectors,New fuel tank,New sump
Wheel spacers,Snorkel,Side marker lights,K&N air filter.

Major Malfunction
Date registered 07.12.2014

#78 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks major I am chuffed wif Jack just gettin frustrated. Had my own place and drive or garage when I had the Mahindra. Been through 2wifes and many moves, so all ma tools and bits were, all gone and I am only just startin all over again. It is soundin more and more like servo is ma next option. Or ma last¡!!!! I will defo give Krutly a shout.

Moonshine runner
Date registered 09.07.2015

#79 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Zoid when a put the master on it stayed the same, could get pressure on the pedal till a went for a drive then bye bye back to pumpin.

Moonshine runner

#80 by Zoidburg , Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I hate to say it but the master cylinder probably isn't your problem then.

It's unlikely that the new part is faulty (but not impossible so never completely rule it out) so it's either something else or something you've done.

In my experience a faulty part or a problem repair will usually produce slightly different symptoms, if it is a exactly the same it is most likely that the fault lies elsewhere.

It's very difficult to diagnose the problem without seeing the vehicle but I would have a good look over the rest of the braking system and take the rear drums off. One thing you could try first is clamp off all four flexible hoses and see if you get a good pedal, if you do it will prove it is not a master problem.

2005 Animal - Moonshine Black with Mitsi hard top, rebuilt engine, EGR & CAT removed.

Most problems can be repaired but will the end result be worth the effort and expense?

Zoidburg
Date registered 09.11.2015

#81 by 123hotchef , Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 pm

i did say to clamp the flexis off one by one a week ago!

talk us through how u bled the brakes exactly brake including pedal postistions because i had a problem when my neighbour helped me bleed mine he didnt know how to use the brake pedal

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#82 by Major Malfunction , Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #81
i did say to clamp the flexis off one by one a week ago!

talk us through how u bled the brakes exactly brake including pedal postistions because i had a problem when my neighbour helped me bleed mine he didnt know how to use the brake pedal

You did I thought that had been diagnosed.

Area Rep for Midlands

Major Malfunction

#83 by 123hotchef , Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:53 pm

i give up when people dont listen

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#84 by Major Malfunction , Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Say again I wasn't listening

Area Rep for Midlands

Major Malfunction

#85 by 123hotchef , Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:55 pm

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#86 by Moonshine runner , Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Hotchef you did say that I am sorry a did miss that bit and your right a havnae done did that.

Moonshine runner

#87 by Major Malfunction , Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Give it a go and come back with the results,then we can take it up again with advice.

Area Rep for Midlands

Major Malfunction

#88 by 123hotchef , Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 pm

and take the pee some more!

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#89 by 123hotchef , Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:19 pm

ill also ask this for the 4th time too

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#90 by 123hotchef , Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 pm

actually video it and post the link please

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#91 by Moonshine runner , Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

A know what am doin a know what am doin am pretending that a can fix fings an am gonna stop cause a canine . No a havnnie clasped off the flexis cause a have new pipes comin ramorra, but a bled some more tonight wif the motor running got a great pedal. Switched the engine off and bye bye pedal. Yes I do have loads of sook from the sook pipe ( yes I mean the vacume pipe is sucking properly) I can't find any clamps to clamp the pipes off. But a have new ones comin ramorra , so all is done but the servo .

Moonshine runner

#92 by Mallinman , Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Quote: Moonshine runner wrote in post #91
A know what am doin a know what am doin am pretending that a can fix fings an am gonna stop cause a canine . No a havnnie clasped off the flexis cause a have new pipes comin ramorra, but a bled some more tonight wif the motor running got a great pedal. Switched the engine off and bye bye pedal. Yes I do have loads of sook from the sook pipe ( yes I mean the vacume pipe is sucking properly) I can't find any clamps to clamp the pipes off. But a have new ones comin ramorra , so all is done but the servo .

Ull get it eventually bud. And all your hard work will pay off.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#93 by 123hotchef , Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:53 pm

just use mole grips or a g clamp mate

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#94 by Moonshine runner , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:01 pm

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any body have any matches. I give up, I dont know, I ferkin HATE the ferkin pile of SH%:' I am goin to the boat yard to buy an anchor. You. guys have done total rebuilds in the time it takes me to get anchors, and I still dont have em and it aint gonna be anytime soon.

Moonshine runner

#95 by ronniecabers , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Take a step back and retrace your steps, I'm sure you've missed something simple.....very often the case when things start to go wrong and you start to get stressed by it

Failing that .....burn it! teehee!

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#96 by Moonshine runner , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Ronnie you are so correct I went to a Mechanic, but even he is stumped. We got a good pedal, we HAVE Lost the FADE. so that is a plus. BUT!!!! The minute a switch the engine on the pressure falls to the floor. When a pump a get it back and now it stays. Better than before. The brakes do exist but right down at the bottom of the pedal.

Moonshine runner

#97 by Discodaz , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Just had to do my sliders today..sized solid..had to get blow torch on calipers to release them.cleaned them up and all good so far.if it happens again I will just get a new kit or new complete calipers..shit job to do

Daz

2003 l200 warrior double cab,black, Alpha gtx, canopy, De egr'd, De cat, Reversing camera, Bedrug load liner.mitzi power upgrade,led dash lights.

Founder member of " THE GLEAM TEAM "

Discodaz
Date registered 03.15.2013

#98 by Moonshine runner , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:38 pm

And it is going to be somfin so stupid. I am lookin for a local brake specalist, cause a need them SORTED. To spend £100 + on a new servo at this stage, without knowin for sure is just a bit mind boggelin if it dont do the fix.

Moonshine runner

#99 by Moonshine runner , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Mine have been done fairly recent but I did them again the top of the potswere abit rough but every thing was and definatley are now movin good. I am the kind of mecomic that despite all the measures I took, got fluid all over the shop except on ma brakes ofcourse. Armpits floor bosses entrance into the garage. An hour to do the job and 2 to clear up.

Moonshine runner

#100 by Moonshine runner , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Have you got twin pots Daz

Moonshine runner

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
real-world mpg differnces with a/c on or off

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor