BannerFans.com

RE: What have you done to your truck today..? THE BLOG

#2426 by Tek76 , Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Quote: mike-b- wrote in post #2425
dreaded mot passed the older it gets the more money i have to put in the ashtray lol

Somewhere in the posts of time, this is the reason @Major Malfunction gave for switching to a bottle and dummy in a pram...

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!

Tek76  
Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

#2427 by Major Malfunction , Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Quote: Tek76 wrote in post #2426
Quote: mike-b- wrote in post #2425
dreaded mot passed the older it gets the more money i have to put in the ashtray lol

Somewhere in the posts of time, this is the reason @Major Malfunction gave for switching to a bottle and dummy in a pram...

I have two, a K74 and a B40. You could call it punishment.

Area Rep for Midlands

04 Warrior blacK,EGR blanked & removed,,De cat,Extended shackles,Pro shocks,
Ironman torsion bars,Ironman shockers,Wind deflectors,New fuel tank,New sump
Wheel spacers,Snorkel,Side marker lights,K&N air filter.

Major Malfunction
Date registered 07.12.2014

#2428 by Tek76 , Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:10 pm

Or is it that you need one on each end of your hammock as counter weights?

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!

Tek76  
Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

#2429 by Mattelation , Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Snorkel fitted yesterday, looks much better now - and sounds quite good too - you can hear it sucking which is a nice unexpected side effect! Gonna get some pipe and raise all the breathers too at some point. Also repaired the camera for the back which had stopped working, iffy connection repaired and all good. I also have a spare camera now, which I may put up under the spoiler on the canopy for when I'm towing so I can see over the trailer.

L200 Trojan, 2006 last of the old shape, Cooper AT3s, Rear Camera, Various light upgrades.

Mattelation
Date registered 10.02.2016

#2430 by AD , Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:35 pm

new tailgate brake light fitted.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#2431 by Heathen , Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Took a bit more than a day to be honest, but recently have
fitted second hand gearbox + new mounts (both front cross members off for de-rusting and painting) + second hand front diff + and front prop. Changed all the oil seals on them first and made an extended breather for the diff. New ball joints all round + track rods inner and outer + idler arm, de-rusted the front of the chassis and waxoyled it. Changed the clutch and bearings and the rear crankshaft oil seal. Had to take off the sump for that so de-rusted and repainted that too. New half moon and rocker gasket. Did a load of welding on the drivers side floor pan where the inner wing meets the bulkhead - that's a b**** as there's 4 different sheets of metal there, all spot welded together. So it's had a mini rebuild at the front pretty much, then it failed the MOT for the rear brake balance!, so had to fit a new auto adjuster spindle in the back. Passed it for another year now though, no advisories

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

#2432 by 123hotchef , Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 pm

wow u have been busy!

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#2433 by Nik Rite , Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Still working on me tank...barn getting cold but bought a turbo boost pressure gauge to keep an eye on my boost before I play with those boost screws! Best bit....the the gauge came from a Spitfire! Not sure either a Rolls Royce Merlln engine or Griffon.Ebay £45. How cool is that.Goes up to 24 psi...just about perfect.. Need to check the calibration...I've got a cunning plan, Ill keep you posted. If someone tells me how to post a photo from my iPhone i'll put it up for a laugh...Nic

Nik Rite  
Nik Rite
Date registered 03.26.2018

hot chefs 2nd truck

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor