BannerFans.com

Engine light on ?

#1 by Jayp , Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:20 am

Please can someone help me. I've got a 52 plate 2.5td warrior, and when I stop at say traffic light for the first time on a journey the engine light comes on! I've had it plugged in to laptop and said low pressure boost sensor, so this has been changed for genuine part.but the light still comes on. If you look at the actuator it is going in and out all the time , which you can feel when driving. So you get boost then none then boost then none and so on. The actuator solenoid was change end off last year with none genuine part.
Has anyone else had this fault and can help me please?

Jayp
Date registered 10.16.2017

RE: Engine light on ?

#2 by Heathen , Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:04 am

What was the error code? and which sensor exactly was changed?

First off, make sure all the vac pipes are connected to the solenoids correctly.

If they're ok then it sounds like a vacuum leak between the solenoid and the actuator. This could be a pipe or the diaphragm in the actuator.
Test the vacuum hoses with a hand vacuum pump - start at the solenoid output and if you find a leak, work towards the turbo actuator till you isolate it.

btw, the cheap solenoids are sh***, I've noticed wavering in the actuator arm when using them before, but probably not as bad as your getting.

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

#3 by Jayp , Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi it was the vacuum pressure sensor that's just been changed. Sorry can't remember what the code was as it was my neighbor with code read (he works for the AA ) I have checked all pipes and look good but will test under vacuum .
Thanks for your response.

Jayp
Date registered 10.16.2017

#4 by TANGOnv , Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Have you blanked your egr valve? I've read a few times that a bad seal on the blanking plates will cause these symptoms.

04 WARRIOR

TANGOnv  
TANGOnv
Date registered 09.06.2018

#5 by AD , Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Quote: TANGOnv wrote in post #4
Have you blanked your egr valve? I've read a few times that a bad seal on the blanking plates will cause these symptoms.

If you have sometimes the little bung that goes on the pipe comes off.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#6 by krutly , Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Quote: AD wrote in post #5
Quote: TANGOnv wrote in post #4

If you have sometimes the little bung that goes on the pipe comes off.

and if you lose the bung/cap thingy, I bolt in the rubber pipe does the trick

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

DCC Solenoid Fault
Help! ATF fluid levels - engine running or not?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor